At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
Talent at Karat
As our Senior Recruiter, you’ll be focused on full cycle recruiting efforts across our full-time positions. We are rapidly scaling our organization and you will build Karat’s hiring process so that it reflects our values, mission, and data-informed approach. As we are the market leader in Interview Engineering, our own recruiting must be at the forefront of experimenting with new methods that delight candidates and accelerate business goals, including diversity and inclusion at Karat. You will work as a Player-Coach in this role. You will mentor our technical recruiter and directly carry requisitions.. Unique to recruiting at Karat, you will also partner with our Sales, Success and Product teams to accelerate adoption by our clients and recommend new product concepts.
- Own full-cycle requisitions across teams.
- Mentor Seattle-based Tech Recruiter.
- Build out and execute strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company.
- Create an internal recruiting plan with deliverables, timelines, and a formal tracking process.
- Proactively create and manage strategic initiatives.
- 5+ years of progressive recruiting experience preferably tech, non-tech, executive or agency experience. Previous startup experience a major bonus.
- Desire to work at a startup. You thrive in a structured and unstructured environment. Getting scrappy motivates you.
- Desire to mentor and build recruiting programs and team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong and innovative sourcing instincts.
- Comfortable supporting many styles of recruiting and hiring managers, all while maintaining a structured and consistent recruiting process.
- Comfortable managing up to do what’s right to help define and build a great candidate experience.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.