We’re a venture backed startup building a new generation of collaborative robots and fulfillment systems for e-commerce, retail, and third-party logistics operations. Life at 6 River Systems (6RS) is about creating amazing systems that solve real world customer problems. We create magic by harnessing the power of people, software, hardware and data.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and teamwork. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly meaningful problems. We believe that great work gets done in a positive, supportive environment. We are as passionate about hiring people as we are about building awesome products. We are looking for exceptional team members.
As a Senior Network Engineer you would work as a member of the engineering team that is designing and developing Chuck, our collaborative robot.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You like working closely with customers on the design, implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and remote monitoring of wireless broadband network environment
- You look to lead the design of wireless networks, to select vendors and choose tools for commercial ioT environments
- You are interested in being a hands-on guide/advisor to 6RS engineering and technical operations on network standards, optimal configurations, and the design and deployment of a standard set of wifi solutions
- Extensive experience in planning, designing and deploying wireless networks; including experience in wireless network bandwidth estimation, hardware requirements and deployment in commercial IoT environments
- Knowledge of networking hardware: base stations, access points, routing, switches, power control of exterior access points
- Knowledge of packet-analysis tools and network analytics, and application in troubleshooting and/or characterizing network traffic
- Experience of security, authentication, bandwidth monitoring and data collection
- Knowledge of IP routing, addressing scheme and routing design
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience leveraging your curiosity to solve problems in innovative ways
- Not a stranger to working in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. In fact, you thrive in it
- (optional) Certifications in routing and switches, design, and security
- BS or MS in EE, CS, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in IEEE 802.11/WiFi or wireless mesh networking and one or more of the following: TCP/IP networking internals or Linux kernel development and debugging.
- 5+ years leading the development of wireless network requirements, including defining procedures for configuration, administration, troubleshooting and support in commercial IoT environments
- Ability to work effectively with customers IT departments; effectively assess and communicate wireless network requirements; be accountable and manage troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem resolution
- Some experience in programming and troubleshooting embedded systems, plus using formal development processes and tools
- Able to travel at least 25% of time