We are passionate about drawing on diverse experiences and creative approaches to add value for our customers and blaze a new path in our industry. Our “no bullshit” motto speaks to our directness and honesty, and our work to building trusted relationships with people and between applications.
To date, Aporeto has raised over $34M from world-class and strategic investors like Norwest Ventures, Wing Ventures, and Comcast Ventures.
About the Role
As the Cloud Solutions Engineer, you will support the successful integration of Aporeto’s solutions for our customers in the Western Region. This is a post-sales position and the ideal candidate possesses strong technical, communications, and customer management skills. This position requires some travel to our headquarters in San Jose and customer sites.
- Work closely with Aporeto’s customer to ensure the successful setup and use of our security solutions. External stakeholders include cloud architects, software engineers, and / or network security administrators .
- Provide expertise and technical guidance on Aporeto’s solutions. This may include recommendations on securing Kubernetes pods, segmentation needs, or automating solutions.
- Work closely with internal sales engineers, site reliability engineers, and developers; communicate customer insight / feedback.
- Document customer requirements and make improvements on the customer journey and workflow.
- Champion the long term success of Aporeto’s customer relationships and drive value to Aporeto security solutions.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as a solutions engineer, site reliability engineer, systems engineer, DevOps engineer or similar technical role
- Fluent in scripting languages (e.g. Python and BASH) and development languages (Golang, C, or Python).
- Experience deploying on-premise or cloud solutions; experience with modern cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Hands-on experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef; familiarity with Terraform
- Knowledge of UNIX / Linux.
- BS or MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent industry software engineering experience.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Strong familiarity with Networking technologies
- Domain knowledge in cloud security