Oversees the development and implementation of detailed software solutions for Appriss Health using company products, outsourced solutions or proprietary tools/techniques. Responsible for overseeing the implementation of the complete program solution, which may involve managing multiple projects simultaneously. Involves extensive interaction with software engineering, product management, and other members of cross-functional teams. The position is typically focused on the delivery of new or enhanced technology products but will also require understanding and planning for maintenance activities to current solutions. Program management skills, rather than technical skills, are key, but a strong technical background is often required to manage competing interests and to ensure appropriate milestones are being met. Will oversee schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or acceptable experience in a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experiences, or Characteristics
- 7-10 years of experience in project/program management of software development projects.
- Managed or supervised teams of 3 or more project managers for at least 2 years, with hiring and employee development responsibility.
- Must have implemented successful solutions to a wide variety of challenges in application architecture, design and coding, functionality and usability, and optimization.
- A minimum of 3 years leading Agile projects, serving in a variety of roles including Scrum Master and Product Owner.
- Ability to identify trends and suggest improvements in products and processes.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in using project management tools and techniques, with an emphasis on Agile and Lean.
- Ability to work effectively on a team, to lead a diverse team to a common goal.
- Analyze, understand and define client requirements.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Ability to coordinate and direct technical support personnel.
- Ability to organize, plan and execute technical tasks.
- Ability to define expected results and use performance indicators to monitor delivery of results.
- Proficient in MS Office tools and project management tools including MS Project, Smartsheets, and Jira.
Helpful / Preferred
- PMP Certification
- Certified Scrum Master
- AWS working experience and/or AWS certification(s)
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Travel will be involved for both training and Appriss headquarter (Louisville, KY) meetings that cannot be accommodated remotely.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.