We are seeking a driven and innovative Software Engineer to join our Compliance applications team and help us build and maintain solutions that grow our Health division. As a Software Engineer you will be challenged to work with a team in building, designing and supporting applications that monitor the sale of products regulated by law and policy. You will have the opportunity to work with high volume applications relied on by some of the largest retailers and health systems in the nation.
You are willing and able to work with a team both technical and non-technical in scope and communicate both written and verbally in an accurate and friendly manner.
You help define scope of development, suggest alternatives and find ways to provide solutions that meet internal and external customer’s needs.
You seek out new technologies and processes to lead, design and innovate existing and future applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in any field and equivalent experience.
Skills and Experience Required
- 4 years+ of experience doing design, coding and testing in Java.
- Knowledge of J2EE.
- Knowledge of SQL and fundamentals of relational database design.
- Experience developing for a high-volume of throughput.
- Willingness to explore multiple technologies at once including but not limited to, Java, Ruby, Python, Perl and various AWS services.
- Experience using a relational database.
- Experience using PostgreSQL.
- Experience in performance tuning of applications.
- Experience using vendor-specific query languages for monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Development of Client or Service side Web Services SOAP or RESTful
Functions and Responsibilities (…in addition to other duties as assigned)
- Design, develop, and debug all assigned components.
- Analyze application problem areas and propose solutions.
- Plan and execute unit and functional tests as required to ensure changes meet customer requirements.
- Conduct code reviews of peer code via pull requests.
- Understand and support use of idiomatic patterns appropriate to the language in use in code changes and reviews.
- Understand priority on tasks and seek clarification if conflicting priorities arise.
- Provide high level estimates and refined individual task estimates as part of a team.
- Complete assigned tasks within the time commitment. Regularly update the progress of tasks.
- Develop clear and concise documentation.
- Provide support services as required resolving application issues raised by operations and/or the customer.
- Develop expert knowledge of existing applications.
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
- Work with team to improve efficiencies, processes and procedures.
- Be available on-call for Engineering Support per on-call schedule.
- Proactively identify application problem areas and implement permanent fixes.
- Assist in restoring services quickly in case of production outages in conjunction with infrastructure team.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.