Motif is building innovative investment products and making them universally accessible. We’re a technology-driven investing company, whose award-winning platform allows investors to trade intelligently weighted baskets of stocks built around a theme or investing style. Only at Motif can investors buy fractional shares (i.e., $100 of AMZN stock) in real-time, participate in hundreds of IPOs, and very soon add cryptoassets to their portfolio.
We’re a fun, hard-working team passionate about shipping high-quality products. Headquartered in sunny San Mateo, California, we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Goldman Sachs, J.P.Morgan, Foundation Capital and have been recognized as a pioneer in the investing space by Forbes, Fast Company, TechCrunch, CNBC, Finnovate, NerdWallet, and others.
We are looking for an excellent UX/UI Designer to help create the best online investing experience for our customers. This is an opportunity to have huge impact creating a best of class user experience, building innovative interactions that go beyond the traditional expectations of an online investing experience. While your true passion is UX/UI design, you’re also comfortable with visual design. This is a contract position initially with strong potential for a transition to full time.
- Relentless focus on customer needs
- 5-7 years web and interactive design experience, preferably with large scale data driven systems.
- Loves creating detailed wireframes and has expert skills in at least one wire framing tool. (e.g. Sketch, etc)
- Experience scoping & managing design projects and completing deliverables on time.
- Solid foundation in UX principles and knowledge of latest trends & opportunities in application design.
- Comfortable with creating task scenarios, persona based motivations, and lo-fidelity prototypes for rapid user testing.
- Creative thinker, able to see multiple solutions to UX problems and communicate advantages/disadvantages of each solution.
- Loves resolving software usability issues
- Thorough but concise communicator, detail oriented.
- Enjoys working with a diverse team of product managers and engineers.
- Visual design experience a plus
- Mobile experience a plus
- Experience in online investing or finance a plus