The Director of Marketing & Communications is a key staff position on the World View team responsible for advancing the company’s global brand and leadership as the premier stratospheric flight services company.
This position reports to the SVP of Business Development. The Director of Marketing & Communications will be responsible for spearheading all messaging and marketing related functions to increase brand equity and drive qualified lead generation. This position will also be responsible for developing, planning, and executing strategic and responsive initiatives that support consistent business growth, expand market share, and strengthen overall brand equity and reputation.
This position will work across and support all organizational functions and work in close coordination with the WV Stratollite Business Development team and Executive Team to ensure that all marketing activities align with core business objectives.
Job Description / Requirements:
- Provide leadership and vision for World View’s corporate brand, product, and mission-related marketing and communications functions.
- Develop a deep understanding of World View’s strategic business development goals and execute on marketing and communications priorities that align with those goals, including but not limited to:
- Product and capability messaging, awareness, lead generation, funnel nurturing, and revenue conversion – responsible for delivering quantitative metrics related to these areas of focus.
- Develop and execute an ever-evolving go-to-market strategy for all Stratollite target customer segments – DoD/Civil/Commercial.
- Work alongside the business development team to lead an integrated bi-annual planning process to address strategy and tactics for each segment.
- Oversee and direct market research and competitive analyses initiatives.
- Develop, execute, and manage an integrated marketing and communications strategy for World View across all marketing traction channels, including but not limited to:
- Event Marketing (oversee and manage conference planning and execution process, including meeting set-up and logistics for all events, proactively pursuing speaking engagements, etc.)
- Content Marketing (product marketing & messaging, blogging, abstract & technical paper submittals, sales collateral development, etc.)
- Digital Marketing (web development, video content, visual assets, webinars, blogging, SEO, adwords, etc.)
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Public & Media Relations
- Develop, manage, and accurately record a budget for all marketing, PR, and communications related activities.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to the listed goals, and communicate those details and the progress tracked against your objectives to executive leadership.
- Establish a scalable and disciplined marketing department through the implementation of standardized processes, reporting, and digital tools.
- Plan and oversee the design and production of all marketing, public relations, and advertising products.
- Work across all functions (engineering, business development, sales, etc.) to develop, execute, and manage marketing and press campaigns with appropriately aligned messaging for specific special events, missions, projects, and announcements.
- Maintain and grow overall corporate brand awareness, public sentiment (local, national, and industry) and strategic brand positioning.
- Maintain and broaden WV’s overall industry thought leadership position and that of individual key leaders within our organization.
- Maintain a strong local community engagement strategy and messaging platform to increase local brand sentiment.
- Audit and ensure consistency of messaging across all World View communication channels and properties.
- Identify the World View brand ‘voice,’ and ensure visual, spoken, and written brand consistency across all channels.
- Serve as a company spokesperson as needed for certain media and public speaking engagements.
- Support internal teams with marketing services such as creative, writing, event planning, photography, and video.