About the Role
This position reports to the CISO and will be responsible for leading our Application Security efforts across Uber.
What You'll Do
- Scale the current automation and remediation of discovered code security issues
- Lead engineering for preventative solutions to solve application security issues at their root
- Partner with our developer platform team and others to set the course for secure development practices for years to come
- Build and scale a strong team of security engineers, operations personnel and more
- Operate and scale our vibrant and successful Bug Bounty program
What You'll Need
- 15+ years of total experience with 10+ in Security Engineering
- Experience in building automation to detect and fix security issues in the code developed by engineers
- Experience in designing SLAs and delivering results
- 5+ years of experience in building, mentoring and managing teams
- Proven track record of collaborating with and influencing engineering leaders to implement App Security Strategy
Bonus Points if you have
- Sound business judgment, ability to influence others, strong analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional storyteller with the ability to articulate a clear vision that balances principled decision making, user empathy and data analysis
- Ability to motivate engineers and managers while providing them career paths that align with business goals
- Track record of creating a broad strategy and providing the technical guidance needed to implement it
- Track record of collaborating and influencing engineering teams to manage risk, effectively balancing business and security tradeoffs
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.