About the Role
In this role you'll help drive financial planning and forecasting across our dynamic businesses and functions to empower decision makers at the highest levels. We'll look to you to identify risks and opportunities, develop our models and tools, drive process improvements, and craft Uber's forward looking narrative.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate and streamline our global rolling, long-range, and annual planning and forecasting cycles
- Own the company model and drive forecast accuracy, visibility, and quality improvements across financial statements
- Build trusted relationships and support/engage business unit finance teams, as well as corporate functions such as Treasury, Investor Relations, and Tax
- Mentor, grow, and develop junior team members and contribute to the ongoing development of our team norms, mission, and goals
- Help us scale/transition from startup to enterprise. Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Innovate: We will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Special projects: New initiatives always come up. Be prepared to engage in ad-hoc financial analysis and drive cross-functional initiatives
About the Team
The Strategic Finance team is a global and inclusive team that excels at combining strategy and real numbers. We are partners and leaders helping to set the financial and strategic direction of the company.
We are embedded in all the global businesses and functions of Uber, setting the financial plans and operating cadence. However, our work really begins when the plans are set. We proactively connect the dots, set the course, and help the company deliver on its goals.
We also don't just say how it is. We are part of the team that finds and implements the solutions to our biggest challenges.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.