This role will report to the Manager of Technical Revenue, Product and Strategy and will work on a variety of projects across the Core Platform and Other Bets businesses. You will work with cross-functional stakeholders in tax, legal, business development, operations, strategic finance, and accounting to shape new product offerings, evaluate new growth campaigns, and function as a key point of contact for all revenue considerations in your area. You will also work alongside the revenue operations team to enable the policies you draft for new products to be automated within our in house systems. This role will be a key player in helping scale some of our Other Bets, while maintaining our core business lines.
What You'll Do
- Actively evaluate new products, feature updates, growth campaigns, and cross platform initiatives to determine their revenue impacts
- Function as the tip of the spear for all accounting related matters on new products, product feature updates, and business development proposals
- Own drafting of accounting policies and mock-ups of journal entries to give stakeholders an indication of how new proposals will impact the financial statements
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new revenue standard updates
- Heavily involved in drafting accounting requirements for Finance Engineering teams, user acceptance testing, and strengthening of change management controls
- Perform and enhance existing internal controls on a quarterly and annual basis
- Work across all products to ensure disclosures adequately reflect material revenue streams of the business as of each reporting period
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders including finance, tax, legal, business development and more
- Support revenue team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
What You'll Need
- 4+ Years of experience working in Big 4 and/or industry
- CPA or equivalent required (Not required to be active)
- ASC 606 or IFRS 15 experience strongly preferred
- Experience advising and influencing teams outside of the core functions of your role is a plus
- Experience working with global companies a plus
- Experience with process improvement and controls a plus
About the Team
The Technical Revenue Product & Strategy team is a group of highly skilled individuals focused on setting revenue policies across all transactions at Uber, while seeking to minimize operational burden through automation. We are versed in risks across all of finance, and are comfortable in high paced ever changing environments. We identify issues, and work collaboratively with our stakeholders to come to mutually beneficial solutions.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.