About the Role
The Technical Accounting Manager will play a key role in ensuring timely and accurate accounting and reporting over a variety of complex areas such as mergers and acquisitions, investments, variable interest entities, leases,equity, debt and derivatives. The ideal candidate must have strong technical research skills, experience dealing with highly judgmental topics, excellent writing skills, and superb attentiveness to details. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to Senior Manager, Technical Accounting.
What You'll Do
- Critically and thoroughly analyze non-recurring transactions by properly identifying the accounting implications of various explicit terms and implied nuances, applying appropriate accounting rules and literature and exercising judgment in subjective areas to draw reasonable and acceptable conclusions.
- Evaluate the adoption of accounting standard updates, including drafting and maintaining relevant accounting policies.
- Act as a subject matter expert, working with the business partners in accounting and other functions (e.g., legal and corporate development) to identify financial risks associated with new or contemplated transactions and resolve complex accounting issues.
- Provide periodic technical accounting trainings to the members of the global accounting organization.
- Participate in team planning, including setting team goals and priorities, monitoring progress and removing roadblocks.
- Support the global accounting organization through coaching and seeking ways to ensure continued professional development as well as scalability and efficiency for the team.
What You'll Need
- At least 8 years of technical accounting experience in public accounting and/or a technology organization.
- Big 4 experience required and CPA certification is a plus.
- Oracle R12 experience is a plus.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and consider alternative approaches.
About the Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.