About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Vehicle Lead to bring our electric micromobility vehicles from concept through production and into operation. Great judgement, a comprehensive understanding of vehicle management, motor control, communication, powertrain, and a passion for incredible customer experiences are critical traits for this role. Equally important are the ability to execute on product direction with autonomy and to work around an ambitious project schedule.
A familiarity with all stages of electrical product development -- ideation, prototyping, component selection, schematic capture, board layout, functional testing, reliability testing, certification, production, deployment, and improvement -- is required for success in this role. Throughout this process, the Vehicle Lead will be responsible for executing the product development process and managing a team of engineers to create products which are operationally reliable, exceptionally safe, and that enable millions of electric trips.
What You'll Do
- Be a positive and collaborative owner of electrical engineering vehicle design and vision
- Be organized and decision-oriented, keeping projects on schedule and well-communicated across teams
- Have wide domain awareness, staying current on technological and competitive advances in the category
- Work closely with technical experts to develop and execute product specifications
- Select components and work with vendors to build high-reliability designs considering Design for Test, Design for Assembly, and Design for Manufacture
- Collaboratively design analog and mixed signal hardware in Altium Designer
- Layout high-current and mixed signal PCBs
- Define and execute system architecture for vehicle control modules
- Spec, source, and qualify motor control and communications systems
- Manage a team of electrical engineers
What You'll Need
- Minimum 7 years in the product development field - strong preference for transportation and experience with motors greater than 100W
- Minimum 5 years experience with circuit design, preferably with Altium Designer
- Minimum 3 years experience with managing teams
- Take 2 products through the NPI (New Product Introduction) phases
- Designed, built, and tested a system powered off DC battery
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
About the Team
The electrical team at Jump is responsible for designing the electrical systems for light electric vehicles that have the ability to fundamentally change the way people get around cities. This team is focused on all the areas of electrical reliability, performance, and behavior to make the most fun and scalable vehicles possible.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.