What you will be doing…
- Develop exciting new features to enable and enhance real-time interactive media over heterogeneous networks.
- Build reliable and scalable distributed infrastructure for media and protocol processing.
- Design, implement, and optimize software for network protocols used in real-time communications.
- Integrate and interoperate with third-party SDKs and APIs.
- Write high-quality maintainable code with proper test coverage.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle from design to deployment.
- Work independently, collaborate across teams, and mentor fellow engineers.
Some of the qualifications we expect…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in systems software development
- 3+ years of experience in real-time communications software development
- Extensive development experience in C++ on Linux
- Proficiency with multi-threaded design patterns
- Good understanding of socket programming
- Familiarity with RTP/RTCP and SIP
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
You get bonus points for…
- Experience with WebRTC, WebSockets, and HTTP
- Experience with modern C++ (C++11/14/17)
- Experience with video or screen sharing
- Experience with bandwidth estimation and congestion control
- Experience with NAT and firewall traversal technologies (STUN, ICE, and TURN)
Why Blue Jeans is THE PLACE to be?
We have a fun and collaborative work culture— for 2 years running, BJN was voted in the Top 10 - Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We have over 1000 enterprise customers including Facebook, Stanford University, CBS and Zappos. We raised $49M from top venture capitalists: Accel, NEA and Norwest. Our team is composed of rock stars from a blend of industries: broadband networks, video, media and SaaS. We live and breathe a can-do attitude with the passion to “get stuff done” with quality. We have fun, eat well and love to compete in table tennis and pool.
Blue Jeans is an Equal Opportunity Employer