We strive to provide the best customer experience possible using technology and data to automate decisions and manual processes. Our team is responsible for the company’s decision platform and rules engine, leveraging internal and external data to automate the loan application and other processes.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for post-funnel experience and loan review/verification: get customers through the loan application process as quickly and painlessly as possible, while ensuring that loan application data is accurate and verified.
- Work with credit risk, data scientists, operations, ops strategy, marketing, design, and engineering to achieve this goal.
- Know the metrics for which you, our team, and the company are responsible for; strive towards meeting those metrics.
- Product evangelist for strategic use of alternate data sources, evaluation analysis, integration and championing across the organization.
- Participate in customer research, product discovery, market and competitive analysis.
- Craft business cases. Analyze the revenue and profit opportunity for new projects.
- Define the product roadmap, including non-product solutions (e.g., process change, vendor integration); maintain product backlog; ruthlessly prioritize this backlog.
- Lead key projects from concept through planning to development, launch, and post-launch support
- Act as the product owner for an Agile scrum team; partner with engineering to ensure team delivery and accountability.
- Act with sense of urgency, intellectual curiosity, go beyond boundaries of what your job description states.
- You have a minimum 3 years of Product Management experience at an internet company
- Experience in online credit, lending, risk management, and payments is helpful
- In-depth experience in at least one of the following areas:
- UI / UX – heavy website products. Website funnel conversion optimization
- Building APIs, enterprise software and infrastructure / tools
- Fintech product management
- Deep customer focus and experience with researching and determining customer needs
- Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded with an ability to tackle complex problems in an organized way
- Comfortable working closely with Engineering and experience with Agile development
- High energy, can-do attitude with willingness to do what it takes to get things done
- You have strong organization and planning skills. Ability to maintain multiple projects without compromising results
- You have superior communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
- You are self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
- People love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.