Our experience design (xD) team at Lending Club is looking for a hands on Sr Design Manager who is talented, dynamic and influential. The Sr Design Manager will lead and influence a core part of our growing team and help bring the LendingClub user experience to the next level.
The Sr Design Manager will join a passionate and growing design team that's making a big impact on bettering people’s financial health. You'll take initiative, work independently, and collaboration with your design team and research, business and technology teams. You will work closely with data to help inform your and your teams product design decisions.
What You'll Do
- Provide leadership and mentorship for a team of UX Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across consumer loan product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Build partner relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside their core Design, Product, Business, Research and Engineering teams to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Work with Design, Product, Business, Research and Engineering leadership team to improve processes and workflows, as well as evaluate tools.
- Effectively advocate for users, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, business, and engineering.
- Communicate and solicit perspectives, decisions and ideas verbally, whiteboarding, workshopping, diagraming, wireframing and visually designing.
- Manage and guide work prioritization, timelines and milestones.
- You hold a BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, related field or work experience equivalent; Masters preferred.
- You are a user-centered thinker with 7+ years experience building consumer web products
- You have 3+ yrs experience managing a team or the equivalent leading a team
- You have a strong interest in developing your team both as professionals and people
- You enjoy defining, seeking, and analyzing data to inform strategic and tactical design decisions.
- Understanding of user research techniques and how they can be applied to problem-solving.
- Understanding of user-centered design processes and systems thinking
- You are an excellent communicator
- You stay abreast to current design and technology trends.
- You have the desire to manage a team while remaining hands on.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
- People love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.