Our sales team is growing at InfluxData and we’re looking for our next Commercial Account Executive! If sales is in your blood and you have a track record of closing business, read on.
You'll be responsible for closing transactions as well as generating pipeline for our business with small & mid-sized organizations. You are a hunter. You enjoy creating new relationships and nurturing old ones. You’re all about working hard, supporting one another, ideate nonstop, and excited to have a lot of fun while doing it. At InfluxData, no loss takes us down, and no win goes uncelebrated.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a sustainable pipeline and manage the entire sales lifecycle
- Understanding the competitive landscape, & positioning InfluxData to win
- Building strong relationships and establish trust, both internally and with prospects/customers
- Building the pipeline through various methods, including cold calling, research, etc.
- Forecasting and managing your sales activity and pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Meeting or exceeding monthly targets and quarterly quota
What we’re looking for:
- +2 years (SDR/BDR) selling data solutions, SaaS, or PaaS with another +1 year(s) in closing (AE)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, able to talk to all levels at an organization
- Demonstrable history of meeting or exceeding quota
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, closing and managing skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience selling open source/SaaS
- Experience in NoSQL data technologies or other modern data platforms
- Experience selling enterprise management solutions ( Systems Management, Cloud Management, log analytics, APM, Network Monitoring)
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.