We are looking for a stellar Controller to join our team! Reporting to the CFO, you will be a trusted partner, building out and managing various aspects of the finance operations, including accounting operations, finance system implementation and integration, tax, financial audit and sales support.
If you have a very strong technical accounting and operation background, demonstrated ability to build accounting controls, processes and systems in a high growth environment, extreme attention to detail and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage all aspects of the accounting operations, including GL, AP, AR, Payroll, Cash Management and Tax.
- Responsible for the coordination of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes, and the preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly reporting/account reconciliation is accurate and timely.
- Manage the annual financial audit.
- Revenue recognition: Serve as the subject matter expert for revenue recognition and technical accounting matters.
- Accounting Policies and Procedures: Develop and maintain written accounting policies and procedures and ensure appropriate implementation and compliance with GAAP. Document, implement and monitor best in class operating procedures and controls.
- Manage ongoing communication with tax advisors and any 3rd party professional service. Responsible for tax planning and sales tax compliance.
- Assists with sales and other contract negotiation processes and interfaces with executive management, sales and legal counsel as necessary.
- Hire, manage and mentor finance staff.
- Support the CFO to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed and serve as a backup.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles (including ASC 606).
- CPA certification is required. Experiences at public company as well as tech start-ups are highly preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience in senior accounting and finance role at high growth organizations.
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail.
- Excellent project management, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong relationship management and business partner/advisory skills.
- Proven ability to work in an ever-changing environment, ability to connect the dots and make decision on your own feet.
- Expert knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in finance system implementation; Working knowledge of NetSuite, Zuora, Adaptive Planning, SFDC a plus.
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and Commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.