Do you want to work in a challenging technology area delivering high-quality documentation? Are you a self-starter who enjoys learning new technologies and working in a fast-paced environment? Do you have experience creating documentation for enterprise software?
If so, then you may be a perfect fit for the technical writer position at InfluxData!
We are looking for a skilled technical writer, which a high technical aptitude, who will work closely with our cross-functional teams to produce accessible content that makes our products easier to use. You will part of the product team, ensuring developers can effectively use our platform for metrics and events to build monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications. You will deliver complex technical content for developers who are using the various components of our open-source and closed-source products.
We need a writer with excellent research and writing skills, who is able to find, assimilate, and communicate information quickly, accurately, and completely. You’re comfortable learning about our products by working directly in the development environment and by building relationships with our subject matter experts. You must be able to handle multiple changing priorities and requirements, as well as accommodate unplanned deliverables or activities.
Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills are essential, and, as a member of the product team, you should be able to assess and communicate risks and dependencies, recommend appropriate mitigations, and escalate appropriately to project stakeholders. We're open to remote candidates and currently support the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, IL, MA, MN, NC, NY, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA *
What you’ll be doing:
- Write and publish new content, and maintain the existing documentation
- Interact with InfluxData’s products to gain firsthand experience with our technology and, when applicable, provide feedback to the product team
- Work closely with product experts to learn about new features and produce quality documentation
- Monitor the documentation repository on GitHub to identify any issues that require further content
Your skills and experience:
- BA/BS or MSc, or similar practical experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience writing and editing documentation for an Enterprise Software company specifically
- Exceptional English skills, both written and spoken
- Familiarity with Markdown and Git/GitHub
- Basic information architecture skills
- General working knowledge of database technologies and/or stream processing systems
It’s a plus if you have:
- Familiarity with programming languages like Go (Golang)
- Strong grasp of the aspects of the audience, market, and product that influence an effective content strategy for API/SDK documentation
- Proven ability to simplify abstract or architectural concepts
- Experience working with SQL or other query languages
- Familiarity with basic statistical functions such as arithmetic means, averages, standard deviations, definite integrals, etc.
- Challenging work within diverse global teams working on the cutting edge of technology.
- A great work environment focused on learning, getting stuff done, interacting with cool people and, of course, the documentation team mascot, Thunder (aka the docs dog!).
InfluxData, creator of the open source time series database InfluxDB, empowers developers and organizations to build transformative monitoring, analytics and IoT applications quicker and to scale. Our purpose-built platform handles the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits, including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.