Founded by thought leaders of Cisco’s IronPort solutions, we’re on a mission to protect digital communications so humanity prevails over evil.
Agari is transforming the email security landscape with the next-generation Secure Email Cloud™ powered by predictive AI. Leveraging data science and real-time intelligence from trillions of emails, Agari has a suite of products that detect, defend, and deter costly advanced email attacks.
Agari is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies, including 6 of the top 10 banks and 5 of the world’s leading social media networks, as well as Government Agencies, to protect their organizations, partners, customers and citizens from advanced email phishing attacks.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, ScaleVP, and now Goldman Sachs.
Your Future Role
As Agari's Payroll Specialist, you will process and manage the company's payroll. You will be the one to calculate wages based on hours worked and administer payments.
You will be able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency, are good with numbers, and can be trusted with sensitive information. You also have strong communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives.
The goal is to ensure personnel receives the correct compensation in a timely manner.
- Responsible for preparation and processing of US & International payroll
- Perform validation and completeness in a timely manner prior to submission of payroll
- Calculate the correct amount for new hires, terminations, bonus, commissions, deductions and garnishments, etc.
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
- Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keep track of hourly rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and organizational leaders
- Manages systems updates, processes and functionality of systems, generate reports as necessary to upper management and other departments.
- Prepare 401K submission to third party administrator.
- Diligently provide expertise on payroll regulations, including Federal, State, and Local wage/hour regulations (FLSA) and best practices.
- Maintain and adhere to internal controls and reporting related to payroll transactions.
- Assist with external audits.
Your Keys to Success
To thrive in this position, you should be a self-starter who enjoys working in challenging and fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years as payroll specialist or payroll manager
- Solid understanding of payroll accounting fundamentals and best payroll practices
- Experience with multi-state payroll laws and compliance a must
- Knowledge of payroll system (ADP, Paylocity, etc.)
- Implemented a payroll system highly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient with reconciling payroll details with NetSuite
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- BS/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –Won the best Email Security Solution 2018
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively office environment
- Weekly company events – lunches, social happenings, etc (We like to have fun too!)