Gateway Learning Group is a leader in providing behavior therapy for children with autism. Every day, Gateway advances lives through compassionate, evidence-based treatment. Since being founded in 2005, Gateway has expanded from its San Francisco base to serve families across California. Come join the Gateway team and become part of a growing organization with a dynamic culture and a passion for making a difference.
A Back End Scheduling Coordinator with Gateway Learning Group is responsible for helping clients gain access to Applied Behavior Analysis services. The job is a Non Exempt (hourly) role and requires superior communication skills, as this position works with families, school districts, and clinicians. The Back End Scheduling Coordinator accurately records client data, processes client information, coordinates with families and staff for availability and schedule changes, updates appointments, makes last minute scheduling changes, and works with other Gateway departments to ensure proper delivery of services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties span from scheduling clerical work, calendaring and updating systems, to assisting clients and staff. Below is a list of job descriptions to identify the following list of core duties and responsibilities.
- Collects availability information, and enters client data into practice management software. Maintains and updates client calendars and profiles.
- Relays information and coordinates between clients and staff, and provides updates, as needed.
- Handles email triage and ticket creation, escalate urgent emails, minor scheduling changes, and provide troubleshooting help to staff.
- Handles Staff Time Off requests and Client Vacation requests.
- Fills sub sessions as needed, updates appointment authorizations, handles staff leave of absence/resignations/region transfers, and changes in client and staff availability.
- Corrects timesheet and coding errors using various database reports, monitoring staff hours and employee status, and updating the operations database.
- Provide continuous support to the Front End Schedulers.
- Successfully manages client concerns/complaints, issues, and inquiries in accordance with Gateway key performance indicators and by collaborating with appropriate internal / external resources.
- Develops and maintains deep knowledge of Gateway’s practice management and project management software, and aids other departments with technical issues.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- PC and Mac proficiency
- Google Suite Apps, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Central Reach and Jira preferred
- Administrative skills
- Includes, but not limited to: managing sharing of electronic files and records, exporting database files, initiating and responding to phone inquiries, and basic calendaring
- Experience in Scheduling
- Organizational skills
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to manage and update large amounts of spreadsheet data
- Keeps client information confidential
- The ability to multitask and switch priorities based on need
- Creative problem solving and attention to detail
- Is organized and knows how to manage time and priorities
- Listens well and devotes full attention to clients and staff alike
- Compassionate and caring
- Has a professional and welcoming demeanor, and a can-do attitude
- Ability to de-escalate tense situations, in a calm, professional manner
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Healthcare industry experience
- Prior experience with Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Comfort in a startup/fast paced office environment
- Ability to take initiative and work without constant supervision
Education and Experience
- Associates degree minimum required
- 2-3 years experience in a customer-facing position
Pay, Benefits, and Work Environment
- Full time position
- 5 days holiday pay, after qualifying
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Collaborative team
- Quarterly team lunches
- Snacks and drinks provided in the office kitchen
- Open layout office space with an open door policy
To learn more about Gateway, visit our website.