The data team is responsible for building quantitative narratives and data products that empower healthy behavior change for our users and smarter decisions for our stakeholders. We are deeply motivated to learn what works (and what doesn’t) for health behavior change at scale, especially since Omada is paid when we improve clinical outcomes for our users.
As a Data Scientist, you will have significant say in what you do and how you do it, and you’ll be backed by a diverse team of analysts, scientists, and engineers from disciplines including epidemiology, economics, statistics, and computer science. Your work will drive business impact, alongside your own intellectual growth, and will ultimately inspire and enable participants in the Omada program to live free of chronic disease.
- Define and ship data products to solve unmet user and business needs
- Establish scalable processes and architecture for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model deployment in collaboration with data engineers, software engineers, and other data scientists
- Curate and design data repositories in support of advanced analytics to quantify the key drivers of health outcomes across our business lines
- Research methods and technologies in AI / ML and conduct experiments to expand our understanding of what works (and what doesn’t) for health behavior change
You will be successful in this job if you have:
- Masters or Bachelors degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of applicable industry experience in building production-grade data products
- Expertise in producing high-quality software using the full software development life cycle with at least one relevant programming language (Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Confidence with statistical computation, data visualization, and application of machine learning algorithms in at least one relevant language (Python, R, Spark)
- Confidence in working with both relational (SQL) databases and non-relational (NoSQL) data structures.
- Confidence in ability to translate complex scientific requirements into functional and technical requirements for various audiences
- Experience leading workshops to share best practices with colleagues
- Experience or passion in working with healthcare data
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with and designing distributed systems in a cloud environment with an emphasis on extensible / scalable deployments.
- Experience with AWS analytics tools such as EMR, Sagemaker, or others
- Experience with Airflow or similar workflow orchestration technologies
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.