It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
We are looking for a hard-working, motivated individual to join our growing finance team! You will play a key role in building out the processes necessary to deliver accurate, timely reporting to our business partners. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, high energy company. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Manage the accounting function for a portfolio of co-living and traditional residential properties
- Serve as the point of contact for Property Owners, as it relates to financial matters
- Analyze the general ledger for each property, prepare journal entries, calculate accruals and maintain detailed work-paper files
- Prepare reconciliations of all cash accounts, reserves and escrows
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Assist in the resolution of tenant billing inquiries with member services and legal departments
- Prepare annual budget and reforecast for properties
- Prepare and distribute external reporting, providing detailed explanations of variances
- Monitor cash balances and request capital funding, as needed
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Assist accounts payable by reviewing invoices, expense reports, and capital expenditures to ensure proper accounting treatment, coding, and business unit approval
- BA in Accounting, with property management experience strongly preferred
- 3-5 year's relevant work experience
- Self-sufficient and comfortable taking charge in a start-up environment
- Detail oriented & willing to spend time sorting through any problem that arises
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.