Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Cost Transformation Summary
The Health Catalyst Financial Transformation team develops innovative products to help healthcare organizations improve financial performance and viability as their financial landscape shifts. To accomplish this, the team builds a suite of products that enable cost and payment transformation. These tools support cost accounting, budgeting, labor productivity, claims analysis, shared risk performance, and population health management.
The team uses agile and user story/user experience-driven development practices for new development and continued refinement/management of existing software. We work closely with existing clients and potential clients to better understand the market needs and plan our backlog accordingly.
The Data Engineer will help develop and support all facets of the Health Catalyst Activity Based Costing Solution aka. CORUS. The Data Engineer will be engaged in the development and support of the transactional database for the UI, as well as the processing and analytical components of the CORUS Engine. The Data Engineer will contribute to, and participate in, the full development workflow from the design phase through releases to clients. The Data Engineer will work closely with our Software Engineers as well as our team of Clinical and Financial consultants that help our clients achieve meaningful results through successful implementations of our products.
We are seeking candidates with broad and relevant experience with multiple data modeling and analytical toolsets and who are also eager to learn and grow their career in data engineering and healthcare informatics. We are looking for a candidate who can learn fast to solve problems using a pragmatic approach, innovative mentality, good judgement and teamwork.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Database design and development
- Collaborate on requirements gathering and story development
- Contribute to design and review sessions
- Provide training to internal and external team members
- Develop canned reporting solutions
- Troubleshoot and correct bug fixes related to data or processing issues
- Documentation of databases and other assets relevant to the processing and analytical layers
- Release note drafting and participating in release process
- Develop and manage database QA processes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong SQL coding and understanding of best practices around efficiency and performance
- Basic understanding of SQL Server configuration and administration
- Data Analysis Expression experience
- Data Modeling
- Data Transformation methodologies and toolsets
- Experience in the following Microsoft BI toolsets
- Power BI
- SSAS Tabular
- PowerPivot for Excel (DAX)
Education & Relevant Experience
3-5+ years Healthcare related field or equivalent technical work experience