Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
We are looking to hire an experienced big data integration engineer.
What you'll be doing: As part of the Partner Integration Team at Qubole, you will
· Have the opportunity to work on a variety of open source and proprietary business intelligence (BI) tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Looker and DBeaver and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) tools such as Talend and Informatica.
· Get an opportunity to work with various big data engines supported by Qubole (Hive, Hadoop, Spark and Presto) against various connectivity options (Qubole and open source ODBC and JDBC drivers, Qubole Python and Java SDKs)
· Experiment and investigate the best architectural patterns for integrating various BI and ETL tools with Qubole.
· In some cases, develop code for integration using Qubole’s Python and Java SDKs.
· Be also responsible for testing and ensuring that all existing integrations continue to work with new Qubole platform, engine and driver releases.
· Work closely with various backend engine teams, solution architects as well as customers in furthering their use cases.
· Talk and write about your work in blogs and conferences.
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here
for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.