Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Built on a decade of expertise analyzing the complete traveler path to purchase, Sojern drives travelers from dream to destination. The company delivered $13B in bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, and Istanbul.
The Platform Engineering team at Sojern owns our traveler profile store, our data warehouse, and Sojern’s broader technology stack:
- Sojern’s traveler profile system processes 100M pixels each day, and updates our targeting within 100 ms,
- Sojern’s data warehouse tracks 350M anonymized traveler profiles, enabling creation of more effective user targeting for ads, and
- Sojern’s tech stack scales globally on GCP and supports engineering and data science teams that build systems that reach users across display, SEM and Facebook.
We are looking for a hands-on, energetic, passionate and creative Principal Solutions Engineer who can articulate technical and product specifications fluently to audiences with varying levels of technical skills. As a member of Solutions Engineering team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining B2B data integrations between Sojern Platform and those of our key customers and data partners.
The Value You Deliver:
- Become a technical expert of Sojern product offerings and travel tech ecosystem
- Architect consistent, scalable and modular integration solutions that are reusable and maintainable
- Participate in partner integration calls and lead integration process from technology side
- Work closely with Sojern Product and Engineering teams to proactively identify any gaps between customer needs and asks and the current product capabilities, and collaborate closely to address them.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to design our next generation data integration framework
- Be responsive and empathetic to the needs of both internal and external teams and deliver create solutions to complex technical challenges
- Establish customer trust and build relationships throughout customer partnership
The Skills You Bring:
- You effectively and empathetically communicate with clients, and internal teams with varying levels of technical understanding.
- You effectively manage a project, work to deadlines, prioritize between competing requirements
- You excel at leading/mentoring teams and providing technical direction
- You have a record of shepherding large projects from ideation to completion
- You can independently solve technical challenges, analyzing options and innovating in the context of trade-offs
- You understand “How internet works”, i.e.
- What happens when you type www.sojern.com in your browser
- Solid understanding of TCP/UDP/HTTP/DNS/TLS
- You know how to balance business priorities with engineering priorities
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of software or technology experience with a minimum of 4 years experience as a Solutions Engineer/Sales Engineer working with B2B integrations with enterprise customers.
- At least 4 years of experience within the Ad Tech ecosystem, e.g., experience in mobile, Facebook, RTB, SEM
- Experience owning technical relationships with customers and partners to gather requirements and build solutions
- Experience working with robust programmatic integrations with APIs in a production environment
- A BS or MS in CS/EE or related STEM discipline
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
- Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
- Competitive Localized Benefits
- IATA Travel Discount
- Time Off: Flexible vacation days
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.