At Plaid, we believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Our goal is to build the tools and infrastructure for developers to create the next generation of financial services applications. Today, hundreds of companies such as Robinhood, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system.
As Plaid’s first Engineering Operations Technical Program Manager, you'll partner with all levels of the organization to build processes and programs that scale as we continue our rapid growth. This role combines strategic planning, execution of engineering vision, business management, project management, and internal communications.
Our engineering culture favors bottom-up ideation and empowerment of our talented team. We're looking for a TPM who will empower engineers, partner with engineering managers, and collaborate with our Head of Engineering to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
We're guided by our values—transparency, intellectual honesty, courage to be bold, pragmatism, and humility—and are looking for team members who are motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Defining, executing, and governing strategically important engineering initiatives and driving improvements in these areas
- Leading projects from ideation, strategy, planning, delivery, and launch
- Continuously identifying ways to improve operational workflows and drive process improvements
- Collaborating with partners across the company—such as Product, Design, Support, Marketing, Recruiting, PeopleOps, and Business Operations—to drive team cohesion and efficiency
- Managing the flow of information both within the engineering team and the broader company
Some examples of the work you might do:
- Create a plan and curriculum for new and ongoing technical education for engineers, in close coordination with L&D
- Develop and expand the Engineering Mentorship Program
- Work with our engineering leads to structure and drive a planning process that promotes continuous planning with quarterly commit cycles
- Build a high quality knowledge sharing platform for engineers
- Evangelize Engineering across the company through mediums such as newsletters, demo days, and hackathons