Lending Club’s Compliance Department is seeking talented candidates for the position of Data Analyst, Compliance to support the company’s marketplace lending activities. Based in San Francisco, CA, the successful candidate in this role will contribute to a strong, data-driven risk management culture with the second and third line functions to help ensure regulatory compliance risks are identified, monitored, mitigated, and reported out on an ongoing basis.
Working across the Compliance and Enterprise Risk departments, and reporting to the Compliance Director, the Analyst will support the development and ongoing enhancements of key functions as it relates to compliance data and reporting needs, including but not limited to: key performance and key risk indicators, risk appetite metrics, compliance risk assessment methodology and metrics, testing and monitoring automation, ongoing process improvements, and buildout of desktop procedures related to the aforementioned.
The successful candidate will have outstanding analytical and technical skills, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, and SQL; an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business; and the flexibility to manage a wide range of projects simultaneously. In additional, the successful candidate will have the ability to work directly with business partners to understand data needs and proactively recommend solutions and enhancements.
What You'll Do
- Partner with colleagues in Product, Risk, Engineering, Fraud, Legal, and Strategy and Execution to develop and implement automated tools for evaluating and mitigating compliance risks.
- Use technical skills to assess large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and macros, efficiently query for information from various databases, and create dashboards for compliance and risk reporting purposes.
- Develop methodologies used to assess data and enhance compliance reporting (e.g., analyzing historic datasets to develop risk thresholds), partnering with data experts across Enterprise Risk Management to develop departmental best practices.
- Support annual compliance risk assessments exercises, including those for BSA/AML and consumer regulatory risks.
- Assist with compliance testing and monitoring of current and future regulatory obligations, regulatory exams and audits, and other regulatory matters as required.
- Support other key data-related compliance and risk management projects as needed.
- BA/BS Degree
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under strict deadlines and in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, particularly with large data sets
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other Office products
- At least 2 years of experience working with a consulting, financial services, or technology company
- Advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other technical field.
- 3-5 years of experience in risk management at a top-tier consulting, financial services, or technology company.
- Knowledge of SQL for practical applications, Python, JAVA, VBA, Tableau, and/or SAS, or the willingness to learn these programs.
- Familiarity with anti-money laundering and consumer compliance laws (ECOA, UDAAP, TILA, GLBA, etc.), or the willingness to learn about such laws and regulations.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.