The mission of the Enterprise Fraud Team is to ensure that Lending Club employs the most sophisticated fraud technology and controls to scale the business with minimal fraud losses. The team has a broad mandate and oversees fraud across different stakeholders - Borrowers, Investors, Providers, Vendors and Employees. The team also works across businesses – Personal Loans, Auto, Patient Solutions and emerging products and services. Working on this team is an opportunity to participate in strengthening what is already one of the most sophisticated fraud capabilities in the FinTech space.
What You'll Do
The Enterprise Fraud Manager will identify gaps in the way we manage fraud today, drive projects to close those gaps, summarize fraudulent activity to conduct root cause analysis, and establish metrics to monitor activities of fraud operations. This is a “roll up your sleeves” position that requires an ability to dive into the details and think big picture.
- Establish and Run Key Fraud Monitoring Activities – You will drive analysis of things like 1st payment defaults as well as fraudulent loans that get approved to identify trends, and controls needed. You will communicate findings to key stakeholders and drive product, process, policy changes needed to stay ahead of fraudsters.
- Industry Trends and Vendors – You will track industry trends in fraud and emerging technology. You will share insight throughout the company and identify vendors that may enhance Lending Club’s ability to detect fraud.
- Process Analysis and Design – You have an attention to detail to document how fraud is managed so gaps can be identified. And, you are creative in thinking of new ways of doing things that may reduce manual effort and increase efficiency.
- Fraud Scenarios – What are all the ways fraudsters can penetrate Lending Club? You will outline all the scenarios across the businesses and make sure we have the right controls in place to mitigate risk.
- Fraud Risk Assessment – You will periodically assess our fraud controls enterprise-wide and identify gaps that need to be filled.
- Fraud Ring Analysis – When fraud rings are identified, you will summarize the ring, size it, track it and identify root causes to put controls in place to mitigate.
- Fraud Experience: We would really love to bring someone on who has worked in fraud before, is familiar with different fraud scenarios and can hit the ground running.
- Great Communicator: An aptitude to tell stories with data, and an ability to succinctly write summaries to clearly communicate to key stakeholders is necessary.
- Strong Corporate Citizen: You realize that process and controls are key to a successful fraud program. You will drive the periodic risk assessments and required issues tracking that go along with operating a best in class fraud capability.
- Trustworthy: This work requires the highest ethical standards. The access you have to the personal information of others is a privilege that you take very seriously.
- Athlete: You willingly play a wide variety of roles to get the job done.
- Fast Mover: We move fast…done today is better than perfect tomorrow, and continual iteration is important. You are ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing capability.
- Self-starter: You are internally motivated to do well, and don’t need constant reinforcement of a job well done. You are confident in your abilities and are willing to check your ego at the door.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.