The Purchase Finance business is a rare group within LC that combines a B2B and a B2C framework to do one thing, and one thing only- help people afford and enjoy significant life events. That is the most important metric we are focused on.
The Business Insights team works hand in hand with leaders across the organization to develop and execute our data-driven strategy. As a Business Analyst, you'll use data and analytical tools to drive insights, innovation, and results across each of our business areas that falls to the Business Insights team. You will collaborate with team members to inform and refine our long-term strategy by supporting the several business areas, with a specific focus on Credit Risk. You should have strong analytical skills, be comfortable in a fast-growing company environment, and thrive in a dynamic organization. This position will report to the Director of Business Insights.
What You'll Do
- Utilize data science methodologies and statistical techniques to develop predictive models and perform reviews, refreshes and evaluation of existing models
- Partner with Credit Risk Manager in developing and implementing credit models that optimize the risk of the portfolio
- Drive continuous improvement in forecasting process and implementation, and, utilize advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities and effectiveness
- Produce model validation reports and documentation
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to identify and evaluate market and company trends, as well as make strategic recommendations
- Facilitate implementation of the models in partnership with the Engineering team
- Work with business stakeholders to oversee various modeling projects that support key strategic initiatives
- Communicate analysis to stakeholders and senior leaders across the organization
- A problem solver with the have the ability to break down a problem, think deeply about potential solutions, and perform a thorough analysis that leads to an informed recommendation
- A people-person with experience working in diverse, high-performing teams. You leave your ego at the door and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves as needed
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment; a blend of startup and larger company experience preferred
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and get to work on any issues or needs that arise, and you have the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- 3+ years experience with querying and analyzing large data sets using SQL, Tableau, and Excel
- 3+ years experience with SAS; SAS Global Certification is a plus
- 3+ years experience in quantitative analytical work, statistical analysis, financial modeling, risk management reporting, portfolio analysis, etc.
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
- People love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.