- Develop LendingClub’s metadata management processes, workflows and procedures
- Implement and maintain data governance tools, including metadata management, lineage and data discovery
- Develop processes, workflows and procedures for data documentation, including internal and external user documentation.
- Champion data governance across LendingClub technology, data, and business teams
- Create and deliver artifacts of dataflow lineage for all entities, relationships and metadata flowing into the enterprise databases
- Work closely with other Data Architects and Application Architects to ensure alignment of data governance processes and deliverables with systems architectures
- Develop training materials for new engineers and business users
- Partner with various cross functional business & technical teams to ensure understanding of how they can effectively utilize the team's metadata and taxonomy offerings.
- Serve as a support resource for data access, content questions, and infrastructure use
- Develop data management communications on a regular cadence ‘
- Serve as vendor management resource for data governance tool vendors.
- Experience implementing and maintaining metadata management tools such as Collibra or Alation
- Experience implementing and maintaining data discovery tools such as Dataguise or BigID
- Experience in competitive RFP processes
- Experience in SQL and Hadoop
- Preferred – experience in financial services industry
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including public speaking
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.