Reporting to the Head of Customer Acquisition, you will own and accelerate the LendingClub website experience strategy, growth trajectory, and build the supporting team. We are on a mission to help Americans improve their financial health, and we believe that through our own issuance strategy, deep data capabilities, and innovative partnership ecosystem, we can deliver value to our members and shareholders.
This role is a critical member of the organization, responsible for engaging users from marketing and organic sources through our web journey experience. You will be directly responsible for driving growth via our website and organic channels and optimizing the performance of our marketing funnel for growth and profitability. You will ensure that every page on our website is optimized to help us grow, participate in full-funnel conversion optimization, and support stakeholders across the company with optimization expertise.
You will be directly responsible for developing cross-enterprise content and SEO strategy and using inbound channels to build deeper relationships with our members and drive revenue growth. You will help us experiment with new and creative approaches to inbound marketing, activating content as the key differentiator for LendingClub, transforming our website as a go-to-source for high-quality content that will help our customers achieve their financial success and build a vibrant community of members. You’ll be responsible for conceptualizing and creating unique and effective content, ranging from thought leadership to blog posts to customer stories.
In addition, you will be a critical steward of LendingClub’s digital presence and brand. You’ll be responsible for bringing our brand to life on our website and via our content strategy. You’ll write compelling web copy that is consistent with the LendingClub’s brand voice and tone.
What You'll Do
- Lead Website Strategy: Lead the web strategy for LendingClub.com, own our customer-facing website and experience across device types and entry points to optimize conversion rate and product adoption.
- Drive growth via website and organic channels: build A/B testing program and a culture of experimentation; partner with Growth Analytics and Product to create series of dashboards, OKRs, and other key success metrics for the website; create consistent stakeholder management communications and processes to ensure transparency and business impact communications across the company
- Partnership: Collaborate & align with business stakeholders, cross-enterprise marketing managers, creative, design, research, and developers to build and enhance user experiences to nurture, engage, and activate web traffic to revenue.
- Build the Digital Site Experience: Develop, own, and activate LendingClub’s future web strategy and roadmap including optimizing user paths for Paid Media and build the organic sales channel via content and SEO development
- Lead Content Marketing: Define the content strategy to activate growth via SEO and Distributed content. This begins with developing a unique competitive must-win strategy and includes testing new content types for web pages, interactive tools, and rick experiences based on anticipating consumer needs.
- Organic Search/SEO Pipeline: Build a new pipeline to sales via activating SEO tactics and rigor in search positioning vs. competitors and new market entrants. Own and deliver Organic Member acquisition growth goals.
- Performance Measurement and Tracking: You own engagement and revenue goals tied to the user journey and site analytics. You’ll partner closely with the marketing analytics team to track and project performance.
- Test, Measure, and Repeat: With a heightened focus on incremental performance, you will lead experience and design experiments with an eye on continued optimization toward KPI performance.
- Build the team: Manage and hire internal web team, contractors, off-shore engineering team, and external agencies to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Member-First: Above all, you will be representing members and prospects from all aspects of the customer journey and target personas/segments. Our path to bring financial health to prospects and members begins and ends with empathy driven experiences that both nurture, support, and ultimately trigger an action to take a forward step in their financial health journey.
- You are data-driven, refining programs to continually improve KPI's. You have previously developed and executed a digital roadmap
- You are customer focused – you have a passion for service and satisfaction and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- You are problem solver - you can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- You are collaborative - you possess excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills and have demonstrated success working collaboratively with key external and internal partners across such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- You are composed and ethical- you know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment. You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it's not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- You have strong direct response and digital marketing experience who has a proven track record of consistently exceeding revenue and customer growth targets
- You have well-rounded experience from nimble, smaller segment approaches to broad audience content creation.
- As a leader, you inspire a team to go above and beyond by rallying them around your vision for success.
- You are data-Driven - a hands-on consumer of data and analytics -- you can dig into results and see opportunity where others may not.
- You have 8+ years of related experience, ideally in financial services
- You have 2+ years of project team or people management experience and a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.