InfluxData is a fast-growing Series D startup developing InfluxDB, the time series database recognized industry-wide as the clear category leader. InfluxDB is running on hundreds of thousands of machines and used by teams worldwide to monitor and understand their systems. The majority of users are developers and builders utilizing our open source software, but we also offer enterprise and cloud SaaS products, all exposing a single unified API.
We’re looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join a small team of full-stack testing engineers. In this role, you will be a part of our growing and talented engineering organization, reporting to the QA Manager. We are looking for someone who has created large scale test automation frameworks and loves the task. We have a variety of test challenges for you on our cloud, enterprise, and open source tick stack.
Many InfluxData employees are remote* so you have your choice of working remotely or out of our San Francisco office. (*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy and the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, ID, IL, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OK, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.)
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll provide technical expertise within large-scale developer data platforms, with a well-informed point of view on end-to-end testing, product quality, and testing techniques. The position requires collecting, creating, and using data effectively to help make informed decisions on product quality. You will be asked to develop test suites which identify problems with data consistency, billing correctness, release quality, and other similar areas.
InfluxDB has Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) with Kubernetes, Open Source without K8s, and Enterprise versions presenting different problems to solve. You will assist in developing our Cloud test strategy, build Cloud test infrastructure and automation frameworks for testing cloud services. You will need to understand and synthesize requirements to produce test plans and test cases.
We will also ask you to work with developers to automate testing, implement new automation tools and improve existing automation frameworks although the teams are fully committed to writing their own unit tests. This entails: developing strategy, tools, processes, and frameworks to test the complete platform while working with your QA team; testing new features and existing functionality of highly parallel and scalable data processing platforms; and working with the team to come up with innovative solutions to improve and ensure the quality of our platform.
What You'll Bring the Team:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent real-world experience
- You get stuff done and work independently
- You are motivated by delivering great outcomes and capabilities - the rest is a means to that end
- Strong bias for action, with the ability to handle ambiguity and take on tasks necessary to succeed. We are a startup!
Highly Desired Experience:
- Communication and team interactive skills
- Experience testing distributed clustered systems
- Strong technical skills working in Linux/Unix environments
- Passion for cutting edge technologies, complex problems, and breaking things.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Programming in several Languages such as Python, Go
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Circle CI, Git
- Some database experience with SQL
- Open source development
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.