InfluxData is a fast-growing Series D startup that offers InfluxDB, a time series database recognized industry-wide as the clear leader of the fastest growing database category. InfluxDB is running on hundreds of thousands of machines, used by teams worldwide to monitor and understand their systems and devices. The majority of our users are developers and builders using our open source software, but we also offer enterprise and cloud SaaS products, all exposing a single unified API.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer with extensive full stack experience to own the build-out of our InfluxCloud Portal.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Empower InfluxCloud operators and support staff to solve real-time customer issues without engineering involvement
- Integrate InfluxCloud’s usage-based billing system with major cloud marketplaces
- Design, maintain, and extend a package repository for Flux, our functional query language
- Own the delivery of large initiatives, engaging with stakeholders and subject matter experts to drive new product capabilities from whiteboard to production.
- Establish and uphold engineering best practices applied across projects and teams
- Mentor and level up fellow teammates with pairing and code reviews
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience building and shipping multi-tenant cloud software
- Advanced experience designing, extending and maintaining well-tested Elixir production code
- Experience with a modern frontend JS framework (React, Angular, Vue)
- Experience working on teams with both internal and external stakeholders, and supporting enterprise businesses with strict SLAs
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with ES6, Typescript, Golang, Ruby, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with distributed development teams
- Experience deploying on, and integrating with AWS, Azure, or GCP cloud environments
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
Many InfluxData employees are remote* so you have your choice of working remote or out of our San Francisco office. (*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy and the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, ID, IL, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.)
*While for some roles, we welcome candidates from boot camps/junior candidates, for this role we are looking for an engineer who has 5 or more years of working experience in similar roles.*
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.