Copper is a CRM that's challenging "the way that things were always done" in the space. At first glance, you might notice that it's not clunky or old. But look a little deeper and you'll see a beautiful tool that's made for G Suite—meaning it's simple, intuitive, and works instantly. Designed to make business relationships last, Copper will change how we work together.
As an engineer at Copper, you'll work in an agile development pod and your primary responsibility will be to add new features to our CRM. You'll focus on back-end coding using the Ruby on Rails framework. We believe in collaboration between the back-end, front-end, product, and QA, so you should be comfortable coordinating with folks across the entire software development lifecycle and tech stack. Because we have just one product, every contribution you make is noticed and appreciated.
The role will be located in our Toronto location as part of our product and engineering team in Canada and collaborate closely with our San Francisco and Montreal teams.
Here’s What You’ll Do Day-to-day:
- Develop new features by writing RoR code and unit tests.
- Review your peers design, code, and practices. Ask questions and give constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with your agile team and deliver features and fix bugs together.
- Collaborate with product managers and designers about feature/project design and planning
- Providing feedback to the product team with engineering limitations and optimizations
- Teach and learn from your fellow engineers via code reviews, tech talks, and organized discussions
We are excited about you because:
- You have a passion for delivering excellent user experience and care deeply about the users of your software
- You want to make things a little better every day
- You enjoy sharing what you know and teaching others
- You have 5+ years of software development experience with at least two year in Ruby on Rails.
- You are proficient with SQL and Postgres databases
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, Java Script and other Web Concepts
- Any web framework like Angular, React or Ember is a plus
- You have worked in a remote environment and are comfortable with working from home most of the time and meet with the team once a week.
- You have experience (or a strong desire to learn about) growing code, systems, and capacity for scale
- You have proficient verbal and written communication skills and have relevant experience working with remote teams
Somewhere along the way, CRM got really hard to use. We’re changing that. Copper was built with three basic principles in mind: keep it simple, show what matters, and make it actionable. Now, tens of thousands of small and medium-sized businesses are spending more time on relationships and less time on repetitive tasks thanks to Copper.
We take pride in a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and work-life balance, which gives us the power to try new approaches and take ownership of success. We have a vision—and the talent to support it. We’re growing quickly in Toronto and San Francisco and we’re looking for people who want to learn and grow with us.
Goodies: Stock options, awesome benefits, convenient Downtown Toronto location, beautiful office, team outings, clubs and more.