Capillary offers an Intelligent Customer Engagement platform to retailers and consumer businesses - managing the entire lifecycle of customer data from acquisition, analysis, insights, and activations. We are the world's leading SaaS provider of end-to-end Multi-Channel Customer Engagement, Big Data Customer Intelligence, Clienteling, Real-time Loyalty and Social CRM solutions to 350+ enterprise customers - with over 25,000 locations and 300 Million shoppers who interact with our cloud platform. We work with marquee customers like Marks & Spencer, Pizza Hut, Puma, Benetton, KFC, North Face, Descente, Kolon, Nike. We are present across Asia, the Middle East, Mainland China with 18 offices in these locations (Singapore, Bangalore, Shanghai, Dubai, Thailand, Indonesia, Beijing, Guangzhou, Mumbai, Delhi).
Capillary is funded by leading Silicon Valley investors such as Sequoia Capital, Warburg Pincus, Norwest Venture Partners, American Express etc. We have raised over $100M over our 10-year journey and are growing 100% year on year.
We have a bright bunch of folks who care about building the next billion $ enterprise. They are driven, highly technical and highly motivated. If you expect to be led by a 100% process-oriented culture, this is not a role for you. We expect the incumbent to bring in best practices and ‘design led engineering’ concepts but at the same time respect the existing corporate culture of Capillary and adapt well to our environment. We expect a high degree of professionalism and an ability to work with highly charged and focused individuals building the next best of breed products!
Global Apps Team:
The Global Apps team at Capillary owns the apps (mobile and desktop) that allow retailers to improve engagement with their customers. This can be through consumer-facing apps (mobile & web) or apps for their store associates/staff to deliver personalized experiences to all customers. Personalization helps in retaining the users and hence driving the sales/business for the companies. Instead of writing custom applications for each brand, we are building a first of its kind server-side platform that will allow the creation of Progressive Web Apps (PWA) with minimum involvement from the core engineering team. The platform shall support hundreds of different apps in a co-hosted manner.
● Design and develop complex and abstract server-side modules that can work in a large-scale multi-tenant environment.
● Take ownership of complex modules from the ideation phase to deployment and maintenance.
● Work in a lean engineering team where automation primary motto.
● Work closely with the Architects and Product managers to realize the product vision into usable applications.
● Mentor and guide a small team of 2-3 juniors.
● Active participation in the hiring process to bring world-class programmers in the team.
Technical Skills Required:
● Experience in industry standards and best practice in software architecture, design, debugging, documentation and testing.
● Knowledge of analytics and mobile tools like Firebase, Google Analytics, Push Notifications, Crashlytics is needed.
● Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions. Hands-on experience with RUM tools such as New Relic, Raigun is needed.
● Working knowledge of mobile frameworks such as Ionic/Cordova is good to have.
● Hands-on experience with container and cluster orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes would be an added plus.
● B.E/B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech/M.S. from a reputed university with a good academic record.
● Curiosity to explore the cutting edge technologies and bake them in the products.
● Zeal and drive to take end-end ownership of large-scale modules and deliver them independently with minimum guidance.
Experience: 3-5 years experience in server-side development.
● Competitive Salary as per market standards.
● Health and Medical Insurance as per industry norms.
● Flexible working hours.
● The chance to work with a world-class engineering team.