Gateway Learning Group is a leader in providing behavior therapy for children with autism. Every day, Gateway advances lives through compassionate, evidence-based treatment. Since being founded in 2005, Gateway has expanded from its San Francisco base to serve families across California. Come join the Gateway team and become part of a growing organization with a dynamic culture and a passion for making a difference.
We are seeking a full-time (~35-40 hrs/week) Medical Biller/Revenue Cycle Analyst to join the Billing team at our San Francisco headquarters, within walking distance of the 16th St Mission BART station.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Complete commercial and medical billing in an accurate and timely manner
- Contact insurance companies regarding denied claims
- Send appeals to insurance companies with appropriate documentation
- Contact insurance companies and patients with questions related to billing, contracting and credentialing
- Assist with other duties in the Revenue and Contracting department, including: financial analysis, copayments, payables, payment posting, reconciliation
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- 1 year work experience in medical billing, credentialing or related field
- Understanding of finance fundamentals
- Demonstrated proficiency with productivity software (Microsoft Office or GSuite)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced, expanding organization
- The ideal candidate is proactive, result driven, extremely organized. They pay attention to detail, collaborate independently and within a team, and is a strong problem solver. We’re looking for a person who is self-starter and gets things done!
- Experience with HIPAA and compliance-sensitive environments
- Competitive wages plus bonus
- Vacation/Holiday pay
- 401K program
- Commuter benefits
- A supportive, team-based environment
- A strong organizational culture of professional support and development
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the start date will be as soon as possible.