Singular is a marketing intelligence platform that unifies marketing analytics, giving marketers actionable insights from previously siloed data. By connecting upper funnel marketing data with lower-funnel attribution data, marketers can measure ROI from every touchpoint across multiple channels and optimize spend down to the most granular levels. Singular currently tracks over $10 billion in digital marketing spend to revenue and lifetime value across industries including commerce, travel, gaming, entertainment, media, and on-demand services. Singular customers include companies like Lyft, Yelp, Airbnb, LinkedIn, Symantec, Zynga, Match, and Twitter. Singular is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, General Catalyst, Thomvest Ventures, Method Capital, Translink Capital, DCM and Telstra Ventures
Singular Labs is looking for a dynamic engineer to join our rapidly growing SRE team. As an SRE, you will report to our VP of Technical Operations and be responsible for operating an extremely high performance and scalable, low latency platform built on cutting edge technologies.
Singular Labs operates a hybrid cloud infrastructure. As such you will be expected to work with public cloud providers such as AWS as well and rack servers and provision hardware in our data center. You will also work with internet service providers and AWS direct connect circuits.
What you’ll do:
Operate both front and back-end systems consisting of nginx, Postgres, HA
Proxy, and in-house software.
Participate in on-call rotation (on-call, not scheduled torture)
Develop, maintain, and expand the following systems:
- Zabbix based monitoring system
- Develop tools as needed to streamline operations
- Install physical servers in the data center
- Support other Singular Labs teams as required
- Document all of the above as needed to build institutional knowledge
- Design and build backup solutions for multi-terabyte sharded database
What you’ll need:
- Intermediate knowledge of at least two Unix or Unix like operating systems preferably FreeBSD, Linux, or Solaris.
- Working knowledge of at least two high level languages such as, but not limited to, PERL, Python, and BASH
- Knowledge of Nginx, HTTP, SSL/TLS, SSH, x86 Hardware,
- Strong background in storage concepts and COW based file systems such as ZFS & BTRFS
- Working knowledge of EC2, S3, Route53, etc.
- Working knowledge of a well known configuration management system such as Ansible
- Experience operating network gear from more than one major vendor such as Juniper, Arista, Force10, or Cisco.
- Reliably diagnose network issues. Knowledge of BGP a plus.
- Basic system troubleshooting skills and diagnostic methodologies for both hardware and Software
- Self starter and results oriented
- 3 years experience with Unix
- 2 years experience with AWS
- 2 years experience with x86/amd64 hardware
- Can demonstrate knowledge of IP networking basics
- Strong troubleshooting skills
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept difference - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community