Corporate Counsel will be responsible for providing legal and strategic advice and guidance to support the global operations of Galvanize.
The role will require working independently while providing analysis and education to multiple departments and cross-functional groups at Galvanize on various issues, including: sales transactions, intellectual property, privacy and data security, vendor agreements, marketing agreements and related marketing matters, channel partnerships and strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions and corporate law and human resources. As corporate counsel you will be responsible for:
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements including software license agreements (in-bound and outbound), services agreements, SOWs, channel related agreements and IP licenses
- maintaining the Galvanize template license and services agreements and ensuring templates are updated to comply with changes in technology, regulations and internal practices; educating Galvanize sales and other internal parties on the use of agreements
- advising and assisting with global compliance, including privacy and data security
- solving business and legal problems while balancing pragmatism and risk management
- developing recommendations for Galvanize policy on a wide variety of legal issues relevant to Galvanize’s day to day operations
- working with and overseeing external counsel as needed
- monitoring legal developments and assessing impact on Galvanize business operations
- identifying legal risks and creating and implementing risk mitigation plans
- developing and maintaining various corporate policies, practices and legal processes
- working with General Counsel on managing inter-company agreements and structures, employment and other HR agreements, software development (e.g. open source software) agreements and product management issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- law degree, qualification under the Law Society of British Columbia, or comparable qualifications from other common law jurisdictions
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience practicing corporate, commercial and business law in private practice or in-house roles is preferred
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a demanding sales-focused environment; excellent written communication and drafting skills
- self-motivated, high level of organizational skills with a degree of flexibility, proven team player
- demonstrated strength in exercising practical, sound business judgment
- analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- experience with IP, US and Canadian Federal Government procurement and privacy laws would be an asset
- experience drafting, negotiating and developing contracts for high-tech business relationships, including software licensing contracts, software sales- and distribution-related contracts, IP licenses, and international aspects of contracts
Are you ready to join?
At Galvanize we are consistently disrupting the category, holding customers core to everything we do and communicating with each other from the heart! If you are looking for real purpose in your life and want to play your part in making the world a better place, then this might be the home for you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and invite you to continue to check us out on wegalvanize.com as we are always on the hunt for great talent! Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram to see what we’re up to
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.