Gong.io helps salespeople have better conversations by using AI and machine learning to pinpoint what the top performers are saying and doing differently. Those behaviors can then be replicated across the entire team to increase quota attainment and slash on-boarding time of new team members. Customer-facing teams at hundreds of companies like LinkedIn, GE and ZipRecruiter use Gong to improve their customer experience in millions of conversations every day.
As a strategic member of our growing Customer Success organization, you’ll partner with our Director of Sales Enablement to build and constantly improve Gong’s customer success onboarding and enablement training programs. We are committed to setting our team up for success, and education is a critical component to everything we do. We’re looking for a Customer Success Enablement Manager to jump in and work closely with every member of our customer success team. You’ll partner with post-sales leadership on a daily basis to set priorities and make key training decisions for both our veteran and new “Gongsters.” This is an impactful opportunity to shape the development programs of a successful high-growth startup as we continue to support across all markets.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for someone with prior customer success experience who has a proven track record of developing customer success training programs and has been an integral part of establishing or improving onboarding experiences. This person has a knack for coordinating large scope projects and articulating the smaller tangible steps towards completion. They’re highly organized, excited by helping others learn new skills and have a desire to build engaging training sessions and content. Additionally, experience working cross-functionally will be necessary for go-to-market efforts across sales and product marketing.
Gong’s Customer Success organization is a tight-knit team with an NPS score of over 65! They have received impressive praise from their desire to Create Raving Fans. We’re growing like crazy. The enablement team is currently a team of two and we’re looking to make our next hire.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend Gong Academy, our company-wide onboarding program, and complete 3-4 key certifications that will help solidify your company, buyer, product, and customer success knowledge.
- Observe & audit Gong Academy by identifying at least a few areas for improvement and developing a smoother process and experience.
- Learn the Gong product; be able to discuss the Gong story and understand the decisions and intentions that shaped the product as it is currently.
- Listen to countless customer calls per segment to learn Gong’s benefits/value, a CSM’s style and strengths, and understand common objections and use cases.
- Learn how to use Lessonly and start building sessions.
- Understand the ins and outs of Guru, our knowledge management system, and become familiar with how to create cards.
- Get to know leaders across customer success, support, marketing, and sales to foster cross-functional relationships.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Be scheduling and running onboarding while continuing to fine-tune the process and flow.
- Build sessions in Lessonly and ensure that lessons and paths match our onboarding program.
- Use Gong to diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of the team; you’ll then build your first training session based on your assessment of the most time-sensitive area of weakness.
- Shadow top-performing reps to understand how they manage their accounts, articulate various use cases, and engage with customers on both a tactical and strategic level in order to replicate these behaviors throughout the rest of the team.
- Understand the "why" behind our renewed and churned rates.
- Create a report for closed-won or closed-lost deals and create a hypothesis for why these deals are successful/unsuccessful after listening to Gong calls and interviewing CSMs.
- Schedule 3 external meetings with Gong’s customers and power users, to understand why they chose Gong and how they see us differentiated in the market; use this information to amend or create new trainings or onboarding sessions.
- Take the reins on Gong Academy’s CS Track and focus on creating a scalable and efficient schedule to reduce ramp time.
- Capture CS tribal knowledge within Guru and manage our CS content to maintain accurate information.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Achieve a reduced ramp time for new CS reps.
- Partner with CS managers to create a feedback loop to ensure Gong Academy’s CS Track and training programs are efficient and closing any gaps that may have been uncovered.
- Build a CS training playbook in Lessonly to coincide with Gong Academy.
- Demonstrate your user and post-sale buyer knowledge by strategizing on deals with our growth team and creating a condensed training program that specifically highlights winning tactics for navigating upsells and renewals.
- Coordinate and/or lead CS Learn sessions to manage the GTM releases and ongoing reinforcement training.
- Build the framework for Promotion Ramp Camps and start to facilitate those sessions.
- Continue to build out programs across CS fundamentals, user/buyer knowledge, product knowledge, time-management, CS operations, and personal skills.
- Iterate on past off sites by not only including social events but opportunities for training, guest speakers, and other events to encourage continuity and development.
- Regularly listen to prospect/customer calls per week.
- Dentify and implement CS stage-specific training.
- Revisit and create additional playbook content within Guru.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Work with leaders within Gong to help organize topics and build content for the next GTM Kick Off to align with Gong’s company goals and to create a memorable experience and set the tone for the following quarters.
- Create certification programs to support Promotion Ramp Camps.
- Successfully coach and mentor CSMs to take control of their own careers and manage up by weaving Gong’s philosophy of career development ”Own Your Own Growth” into coaching conversations and training.
- Partner with remote CSMs to establish a scalable remote training program.
- Have successfully helped eligible CSMs prepare for promotions on-time.