We are passionate about drawing on diverse experiences, creative thought, and unintuitive approaches to create value for our customers and blaze a new path in our industry. Our “no bullshit” motto speaks to our directness and honesty, and our work to building trusted relationships with people and between applications.
To date, Aporeto has raised over $34M from world-class and strategic investors like Norwest Ventures, Wing Ventures, and Comcast Ventures.
About the Role
As the Senior Technical Sales Engineer, you will be a key member of the sales engineering team. You will work closely with the Sales Account Executive to qualify potential customers, explain complex technical matters, and demonstrate the Aporeto solution. You will provide pre-sales engineering support and act as an ongoing trusted advisor to customers.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of modern operating systems (Linux / Windows), cloud technologies, host level security, Virtualization, and Networking technologies as well as software development processes. This is a highly technical role and ideal for someone who likes to stay hands-on with modern technologies.
What You Bring:
- Extensive experience as a Technical (Pre) Sales Engineer working with modern cloud technologies and Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of Cloud deployments (experience with Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with technologies such as UNIX System administration, Container platforms, Virtualization and/or Networking technologies (Kubernetes is bonus!)
- Experience in advanced areas of network security
- Experience with application development concepts and technologies (e.g. CI/CD, DevOps, Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Proven ability to define a technical migration roadmap to the Cloud Experience and to understand complex software workloads
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of training and experience
What You'll Do:
- Perform online and/or in-person product demonstrations of the Aporeto solution to potential customers and strategize / provide technical council to the Sales Account Executive
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Aporeto product integrations in customer/partner environments; execute POCs
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop strategies to resolve technical blockers
- Manage the technical relationship with Aporeto's customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Assist with proposal (RFP/RFI) process
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required
We offer a wonderfully diverse and highly collaborative work environment where you will be offered a market leading salary, equity / stock options, and more.