Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Policygenius is looking for a self-motivated and adaptable IT Support Engineer to join our Technical Operations function! We’re looking for someone to support our growing team and work directly with our 200+ employees (and counting!) across multiple teams in NYC. The ideal candidate should be excited about creating a seamless employee experience while delivering exceptional technical support.
Reporting into our Senior Manager of Technical Operations, you’ll be working on various projects and building your technical skills as we scale.
- Act as the first point of escalation for resolving all internal IT software, hardware, and wireless network connectivity issues.
- Own hardware and software system access for employee onboarding and offboarding (including Slack, Google groups, and general user administration)
- Troubleshoot setup, connectivity, functionality, and update issues for Macs and PCs; administer workstation hardening, encryption, anti-virus installation and configuration
- Maintain conference room hardware (including projectors, computing equipment, audio/visual, telephony)
- Collaborate with members of the People team for internal event functions
- Manage and prioritize multiple workstreams to address a variety of tickets
- 3+ years of professional experience in IT, including hands-on experience with help desk support, service desk management and system administration
- Strong technical knowledge of MacOS, Windows, and a wide variety of SaaS solutions (e.g. G-Suite, JAMF, Okta, Slack, Keeper, Atlassian, etc).
- Knowledge of Active directory, DHCP, DNS, and Radius services; familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Powershell, Bash, etc)
- Stellar verbal & written communication, and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Outstanding project management, change management, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to juggle several tasks at once
- Tenacity, the ability to tackle problems head on, and a self-starter mindset
- A sense of urgency and high level of productivity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)