Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Built on a decade of expertise analyzing the complete traveler path to purchase, Sojern drives travelers from dream to destination. The company delivered $13B in bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, and Istanbul.
The Manager of Business Development will primarily manage Sojern’s development and monetization of hotel accounts by selling online advertising & Sojern’s SMB solutions, utilising unique data from our multitude of travel partners. The position is full-time and the candidate should be based in London or Dublin to cover the UKI-Nordic region with a track record of promoting solutions for the marketing & distribution needs of hotels.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable advertising solutions for their clients and assist in bringing these solutions to market. They must have exceptional presentation skills and an understanding of online advertising (display, search engine marketing, meta-search), audience targeting and big data applications. Prior experience in selling digital media or providing customers online travel and hotel related products and service will be an asset.
The position is a team lead/manager role and requires previous management experience (2-3 direct reports).
The position will be reporting to the General Manager EMEA, SMB.
- Prospect, pitch and close your own portfolio of UKI-Nordics (and other territories TBD) based hotels, attractions, agencies for Sojern's SMB Solutions.
- Demonstrate ability to develop a small team of sellers on your assigned markets
- Demonstrate high degree of proactive sales ability in lead generation and prospecting, managing your own and team’s pipeline through to closing stage.
- Sell Sojern’s advertising solutions with your team at an acquisition pace of 8 to 10 new wins per month per seller by leveraging your network.
- Deliver persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Sojern, by positioning our advertising solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Communicate proactively and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and externally with clients throughout signup process.
- Meet and exceed ambitious sales targets with your regional team (UKI Nordics Agencies) (primarily new business) to achieve our business goals.
What you bring to the table:
- 10 years sales experience within the online hotel distribution or digital marketing industry (Eg.: Market Manager within OTA, metasearch, booking engines, 3rd party providers) or hospitality (sales, revenue management).
- You have an existing book of hotel business among UKI-Nordics and/or a network of Digital Marketing Agencies contacts.
- Experience in business development with proven track record of carrying your own revenue targets.
- Experience in managing and developing high performance teams.
- Strong sales experience from prospecting to closing (lead generation, cold calling, pitching, client facing meetings).
- Self-motivated; exhibits strong self-management and accountability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with other people and departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Multiple European languages a plus.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in standard business and sales software, including Outlook/Gmail, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and SalesForce.
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Ownership: Lead innovative and challenging projects
- Competitive Localized Benefits
- IATA travel discount
- Time off: 25 vacation days per annum
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.