**Please provide a link your portfolio in your resume**
Copper is a CRM that's challenging "the way that things were always done" in the space. At first glance, you might notice that it's not clunky or old. But look a little deeper and you'll see a beautiful tool that's made for G Suite—meaning it's simple, intuitive, and works instantly. Designed to make business relationships last, Copper will change how we work together.
We are currently looking for an experienced senior product designer to help us innovate and deliver on our vision. We bring together user-centered design, lean and agile philosophies to ship products our customers love. This role will include the full spectrum of product design: User Research, User Experience, Interaction, and Visual Design. The role will be located in our Toronto office as part of our product and engineering team in Canada and collaborate closely with our San Francisco and Montreal teams.
Here’s What You’ll Do Day-to-day:
- Deeply understand and solve complex problems to help our customers manage their business relationships and core business processes.
- Design simple, easy-to-use flows, visual design and experiences that delight our users.
- Guide collaboration with PMs, engineers, copywriters, customer support, sales, marketing to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch.
- Design solutions for all of our touch areas: web app, chrome extension, android and iOS.
- Develop deep empathy for our customers by talking with them and use research to inform design solutions.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions and our roadmap with the product team & leadership team.
- Provide and seek feedback from product and brand designers to always push the bar for quality.
- Take ownership of the design and user experience for one or more of our core features: contact management, task management, automation, activity logs, collaboration, customization and reporting.
- Bring a systems approach when creating solutions and design for scale.
- Validate your designs through prototyping, user testing and talking to customers after shipping.
- Contribute to our design system and design opps to help the team run smoothly.
- Shape and grow our design culture by participating in shared studio time, design office hours, hosting guests, sharing inspiration and bringing new ideas to the team.
Here’s What We're Looking For:
- Five or more years of related professional experience with a portfolio showing strong expertise across research, product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy.
- Experience designing digital products and systems end to end, not just websites. You’ve shipped multiple products.
- You obsess about the details and produce high quality visual and interaction design.
- Your portfolio isn’t just high-fidelity mockups, you show process, sketches, collaboration, reflection, and chicken scratch. You have at least 1 detailed case study in your portfolio.
- You’ve taken large problems and broken then down into bite-sized measurable chunks.
- Advocate for design by articulating and presenting the rationale behind your proposed ideas.
- You care about moving your team forward and look for ways to positively impact the team, not just the product.
- Experienced in first-hand user research experience, and own your design process.
- You have a favorite design tool, and love to discuss why it’s the best.
- You take the time to seek out and provide meaningful feedback because you know it’s the best way to grow.
- There’s a proven track record of your leadership qualities.
Please provide a link to your portfolio when applying.
Somewhere along the way, CRM got really hard to use. We’re changing that. Copper was built with three basic principles in mind: keep it simple, show what matters, and make it actionable. Now, tens of thousands of small and medium-sized businesses are spending more time on relationships and less time on repetitive tasks thanks to Copper.
We take pride in a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and work-life balance, which gives us the power to try new approaches and take ownership of success. We have a vision—and the talent to support it. We’re growing quickly in Toronto and San Francisco and we’re looking for people who want to learn and grow with us.
Goodies: Awesome benefits, convenient Downtown Toronto location, beautiful office, team outings, clubs and more.