Copper is a CRM that's challenging "the way that things were always done" in the space. At first glance, you might notice that it's not clunky or old. But look a little deeper and you'll see a beautiful tool that's customized for G Suite—meaning it's simple, intuitive, and works instantly. Designed to make business relationships last, Copper will change how we work together.
As an engineer at Copper, you'll work in an agile development pod and your primary responsibility will be to add new features to our CRM. You'll focus on back-end coding using the Ruby on Rails framework. We believe in collaboration between the back-end, front-end, product, and QA, so you should be comfortable coordinating with folks across the entire software development lifecycle and tech stack. Because we have just one product, every contribution you make is noticed and appreciated.
The role will be located in our Toronto office as part of our product and engineering teams in Canada and collaborate closely with our San Francisco and Montreal teams.
Here’s What You’ll Do Day-to-day:
- Be part of an innovative engineer team and develop marketing leading solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and designers about feature/project design and planning
- Providing feedback to the product team with engineering limitations and optimizations
- Teach and learn from your fellow engineers via code reviews, tech talks, and organized discussions
- Fixing bugs and writing unit tests
We are excited about you because:
- You enjoy collaborating and learning with a cross-functional team
- You have a passion for delivering excellent user experience and care deeply about the users of your software
- You want to make things a little better every day
- You enjoy sharing what you know and teaching others
- You have 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- You have 1+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- You are proficient with SQL and Postgres databases
- You have 1+ years of production experience with client side frameworks such as Ember, React, or Angular
- You have a deep understanding of MVC/MVVM architectures and Web Concepts
- You have experience working on single page web apps
- You have experience (or a strong desire to learn about) growing code, systems, and capacity for scale
- You have proficient verbal and written communication skills and have relevant experience working with remote teams
Somewhere along the way, CRM got really hard to use. We’re changing that. Copper was built with three basic principles in mind: keep it simple, show what matters, and make it actionable. Now, tens of thousands of small and medium-sized businesses are spending more time on relationships and less time on repetitive tasks thanks to Copper.
We take pride in a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and work-life balance, which gives us the power to try new approaches and take ownership of success. We have a vision—and the talent to support it. We’re growing quickly in Toronto and San Francisco and we’re looking for people who want to learn and grow with us.
Goodies: Competitive compensation package, Awesome benefits, convenient Downtown Toronto location, beautiful office, team outings, clubs and more.