HoneyBook is a business management platform for creative entrepreneurs that centralizes and automates workflow, digital payments, and generates business opportunities for our customers. We champion technology as our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. At HoneyBook, every day we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and want an impactful career, join our team!
As the communications designer for HoneyBook, you’ll be responsible for designing creative for integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns that build awareness and capture the imagination of creative small businesses and solopreneurs. You’re passionate about creating exceptional experiences across mediums, and as part of the design team, you'll contribute to the vision, identity and aesthetic of HoneyBook’s brand.
We are not your average B2B SaaS company - our audience is primarily solopreneurs and freelancers, so the psychology is similar to consumers in many ways. This is a unique intellectual design challenge and a great opportunity to make a huge impact shaping the brand of a high-growth company with a passionate audience in a dynamic industry.
Here are a few of the things you’ll do...
- Lead marketing design execution and collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute high-impact campaigns.
- Collaborate with marketing partners to design integrated campaigns across multiple digital channels, including online ads, social media, content and email.
- Lead design and production of paid ads campaigns across multiple formats, including static and dynamic ads, video and animation.
- Generate pixel-perfect creative that reinforces our brand identity, clearly communicates our value propositions, and builds affinity with current and prospective customers.
- Contribute to the development of our brand identity and implement it consistently throughout marketing programs.
- Leverage customer insights and best practices to design high-impact creative.
- Keep up with industry best practices and emerging strategies, constantly bringing new creative ideas on how we visually communicate our story.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful…
- 5+ years experience in design roles.
- A passion for design and a discerning eye for exceptional creative and visual design, as well as an ability to take complex concepts and visually represent them simply.
- You love story-telling through design and are adept at putting yourself into our customers’ shoes, understanding their needs, and “speaking” to them in a way that is authentic and drives action.
- Portfolio of previous work that displays an ability to design cohesive campaigns across channels and mediums, including video and motion design.
- Proven track record working with cross-functional teams to develop programs and campaigns that produce successful outcomes.
- Must have an expert understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, and be able to see the big picture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey creative concepts in a way that inspires stakeholders.
- A degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Good Stuff
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup--our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge - our primary customers today are creative businesses, which accounts for $150B per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in four years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $46M from investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.