HoneyBook is a business management platform for creative entrepreneurs that centralizes and automates workflow, digital payments, and generates business opportunities for our customers. We champion technology as our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. At HoneyBook, every day we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment, join us!
HoneyBook is looking for an Application Support Engineer for a primarily production support role, but also for development for production fixes and projects.
The Application Engineer is a crucial role that relies on quick thinking, prioritization, creative solutions, good and timely communication, as well as a very broad understanding of the entire technology stack: from backend and client-side programming, to networking, web application deployment, debugging techniques and performance analysis.
As an Application Support Engineer, you will be using the skills of a performance engineer, software and systems engineer to support web-based application used by our clients.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Monitor ticket queue and assign/work tickets according to SLAs
- Provide systems availability monitoring and reporting/escalation
- Analyze information related to issues and determines the best way to resolve problems
- Manage escalations and follow through final resolution if needed
- Resolve issues providing code/data fixes where applicable
- Collaborate with engineering, implementation and analytics teams to design and refine processes, procedures, and delivery mechanisms
Here is what is needed:
- 2-3 years as support engineer
- Good understanding of web technologies, browsers, browser debugging tools
- Must be a proactive, independent learner, able to dig into and debug code, and be able to provide remote support to our US support team for a large, 24x7 mission critical application.
- Must be able to work overnight efforts once a week.
- Must have a strong sense of ownership and desire to meet customer needs quickly.
- Excellent communication skills required.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge - our primary customers today are creative businesses, which accounts for $150B per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in four years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M from investors such as Citi Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.