HoneyBook is a business management platform for creative entrepreneurs that centralizes and automates workflow, digital payments, and generates business opportunities for our customers. We champion technology as our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. At HoneyBook, every day we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment, join our team!
HoneyBook is looking for an experienced analytics leader to be our Senior Manager of Business Intelligence. Sitting in our SF office, you will report directly to the CFO and will manage our global team of analysts which spans across our two offices, San Francisco and Tel Aviv. You will be responsible for turning data into actionable insights that will drive strategic business decisions to shape the direction of the company. This is a player-coach role: in addition to managing the team you will also have ownership of your own data projects.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Discover and effectively communicate unique, actionable insights to business partners and senior leadership that address the most important questions we are facing.
- Support teams across the entire organization, including Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance, and Operations.
- Build data visualizations and cross-functional reporting that conveys key performance metrics, significant trends, and connects data from multiple sources.
- Grow and manage the Global Business Intelligence Team. You will determine the optimal size and structure for the BI team while attracting, closing and retaining A-players.
- Set your team up for success by aligning the team to projects that have the highest business impact.
- Mentor the Global Business Intelligence Team, guiding them to their full potential while they achieve their career goals.
- Develop strong partnerships across the business at all levels, from associates to leadership.
- Travel to our Tel Aviv office once per quarter.
Here is what is needed:
- 8+ years work experience, including at least 2 years managing an analytics team, and 5+ years as a successful data analyst.
- Experience working at a SaaS startup.
- Strong ability to quickly grasp business team goals/KPI's and provide analysis to drive success.
- Expert level experience with SQL.
- Familiarity with different types of databases:
- Relational: (Postgres, MySql),
- MPP Columnar Store Databases (Amazon Redshift, BigQuery),
- NoSql Databases (MongoDB).
- Experience with data visualization tools - Looker, Tableau, etc.
- A Partnership mindset: You know how to influence across multiple levels of an organization, enjoy building win-win partnerships, and delivering actionable analysis to stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: You find problems, take initiative, and execute on your own ideas. You take a creative data-centric approach to problem-solving.
- Self starter: Not only do you set your own deliverables, but you also execute on them.
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities at once.
- Validated experience leading large, cross-functional projects.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge - our primary customers today are creative businesses, which accounts for $150B per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in four years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M from investors such as Citi Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.