The Platform Team at InfluxData builds and maintains Influx’s core technologies, including InfluxDB, Influx Cloud including associated APIs, the Flux language an associated query engine, tasks and alerts. As we’re growing, we are looking for all-star Engineering Managers for the Platform Team!
Engineering Management at InfluxData is a multi-faceted and highly valued leadership role. As an Engineering Manager, you will own all aspects of People Management for your team, including maintaining high team morale, growing your team as individuals, and hiring to build out your team. Additionally, you will get to work with the Product team and your Tech Lead to define and maintain the roadmap for your area of ownership, as well as work closely with Open Source communities, users, and customers. Finally, you will be responsible for ensuring that your team is executing on their plans.
We are looking for candidates who value supporting and growing their team as much as their own personal achievements, who will bring their experiences to the table, and are willing to experiment and iterate on process as the company grows.
If you are interested in databases, CI/CD, programming languages, or cloud APIs and you also enjoy working on widely adopted Open Source software, we’d love to talk to you.
Many InfluxData employees are remote* so you have your choice of working remote or out of our San Francisco office. (*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy and the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, ID, IL, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.)
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- You have experience managing remote teams, and enjoy working remotely
- You have managed a growing engineering team and have recruited and shepherded engineering candidates through the interview process
- You know what traits make up great engineers and understand how to help people gain those skills
- You are motivated by the success of your team
- You have a track record of delivering great software on a predictable schedule
- You like to learn from your team and enjoy teaching them as well
- You have managed a projects backlog or have worked closely with a product manager to help define iterations
Bonus points if:
- You have worked on databases or other backend data management stacks
- You have experience working with and managing widely distributed teams
- You have experience working on large open source projects
- You have worked for a startup
- You have work experience outside of engineering - support, design, sales, marketing, etc
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.