InfluxData is committed to creating products and offerings that delight developers deducing the time to awesome, and providing value to the customer. With our industry-leading time series platform, InfluxDB, we help our customers, including IBM, Hulu, Wayfair, Mulesoft, Robinhood, Siemens and NFL Networks, and hundreds of thousands of open source developers get more value from their data, faster.
We are looking for a technical, dynamic, creative and scrappy Head of Product Marketing to join the team at our headquarters in San Francisco. The individual will be a key driver for InfluxData’s future growth, with the opportunity to define new products and offerings, create positioning, define pricing, drive product launches, drive key campaigns, create innovative go-to-market strategies, and evangelize the products and offerings to prospects, customers, analysts and internal stakeholders.
Reporting to the CMO, the Head of Product Marketing will work closely with the product management team to develop and execute on the future roadmap and success of our product portfolio. They’ll work closely with our sales team on effective sales enablement strategies and content that effectively positions our products and differentiates our offerings from the competition, ultimately reducing friction in the buying process.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Owning all product marketing functions for all our products – messaging, positioning, packaging, pricing, sales & channel enablement, and revenue generation.
- Supporting the demand generation team with content (blogs/articles, webinars and video) that increases demand.
- Supporting the PR and AR team with compelling messages and content that results in better coverage in key analyst publications, trade, business and national media outlets.
- Growing a team of strong product marketing professionals.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Since we appeal to developers, you have a deep technical background in middleware, databases or similar technology; probably with experience as a support engineer, sales engineer or a product manager. You need to be able to demo the product and speak “developer-speak.”
- You have a proven record marketing subscription-based cloud offerings – Platform as a Service (PaaS), Database as a Service, Integration as a Service, Infrastructure as a service, or other B2B infrastructure service.
- You love positioning and messaging and creating content for websites, podcasts and white papers for the broader marketing and sales team.
- You love drilling down into SaaS data looking for patterns that predict customer behavior and usage.
- You are energetic, scrappy, and no task is beneath you. This is both a strategic role and a “doing” role on a very collaborative marketing team.
- You have past senior product marketing or product management experience with proven success and references in this area.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.