We are looking to hire a Sr Analyst (modeler) in Risk Management Department. The position is responsible for statistical modeling and risk management ad-hoc analysis. You will have experience working in the consumer credit industry with a quantitative background in the development and use of statistical models and machine learning models. This role will focus on developing new statistical models for loss forecasting and operations and collections strategies as well as exploring new alternative data sources and new modeling technologies. This position will play a meaningful role in working with credit policy team and collection strategy team to develop new products and strategies. You will also work with Model Risk Governance, Compliance and Legal to ensure all models are documented appropriately and aligned with all regulation requirements, and work with Engineering department to ensure models are implemented correctly.
What You'll Do
- Develop statistical and machine learning models used in loss forecasting process
- Develop statistical and machine learning models used in operations and collections strategies
- Provide analytical support to credit and collection team for new product/strategies development.
- Work closely with Model Risk Governance and Legal/Compliance department, to ensure model development process is documented adequately and all models are aligned with regulation requirements.
- Collaborate with technology teams to ensure new model scores/strategies are implemented correctly and as designed.
- Perform various ad-hoc analytical projects closely relating to credit risk management.
- Evaluate alternative data sources and advanced modeling methodologies.
- You hold 2+ years experience in modeling/decision science in credit risk management
- You have hands-on experience on predictive modeling (e.g., scorecard, logistic regression, linear regression, decision tree, gradient boosting, etc.). Familiarity with other data mining/machine learning techniques would be helpful.
- You have the ability to develop quantitative measurements/analysis to address multi-dimensional business needs
- You communicate clearly and precisely on technical and business topics, and collaborate well with other teams
- You consider yourself someone with attention to details, dedicated, and willing to take extra efforts
- MS degree or PhD in quantitative/statistical fields or related field
- Proficiency with SAS, Excel, R or Python, and SQL/Hive.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.